- About Us
- Board of Education
- Work at Shirland School
- Shirland School District Budget 2015-16
- Shirland Illinois Interactive Report Card Website
- Contact Us
Be sure to Like Shirland Community Consolidated School District #134 on Facebook and follow our postings.
Provide today’s students with the foundation for a lifetime of learning to fulfill his/her potential in tomorrow’s world.
- Continuous improvement of…
- Our students
- Our staff
- Our school building
- Our community
- Our selves
- Meeting the academic, social, emotional, creative and physical needs of our students.
- Good stewardship of our community’s resources.
- Working to provide a safe, caring learning environment with high expectations for each student’s academic excellence.
Shirland School educates students from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. Shirland School is located in a rural setting conducive to health, safety and learning. We offer a rigorous academic curriculum, multiage instruction for 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th grades, an innovative balanced literacy program in which every student receives reading instruction at their ability level and grade level every day, whiteboards and document cameras in every classroom, and a staff that has 75% Master’s degrees or higher.
- K-6th grade general music
- 3rd and 4th grade recorder class
- 5th grade Beginner Band
- 6th-8th grade concert band and choir
- Winter/spring concert
- School-wide spring musical
- Coed volleyball
- Boys and Girls basketball
- Student Council
- Quiz Bowl
- Pep Club
RTI Tier Levels of Support
- Full time Reading Math Interventionist
- Full time special education teacher
- Intervention for reading, math, and written language
- Middle School Spanish
- Middle School Art elective
- Y-Care (after school daycare)
- Private music instruction
- Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- Welcome Back to School Swim Party
- Breakfast with Santa
- Holiday Dinner
- Family Skate Night
- Parent child dances
- All parents are encouraged to get involved
Shirland is a proud feeder district to Hononegah Community High School District 207. We are proud to be a member of what is often called the Hononegah Nation of schools (Rockton, Kinnikinnick, Prairie Hill, and Shirland School Districts). Although each district has its own identity, we all work closely together and are proud of our student achievement.
Shirland offers a unique experience: a rural lifestyle that is still close to work – 30 minutes from Rockford, Illinois and just l5 minutes from Beloit, Wisconsin. We are just 9 minutes from Rockton and l5 minutes from Roscoe, Illinois. If you are searching for a small school with a big heart, look no further. We invite you to visit our school to see firsthand the rigorous academics and rich pursuits available for your greatest treasures: your children.