Be sure to Like Shirland Community Consolidated School District #134 on Facebook and follow our postings.
Provide today’s students with the foundation for a lifetime of learning to fulfill his/her potential in tomorrow’s world.
- Continuous improvement of…
- Our students
- Our staff
- Our school building
- Our community
- Our selves
- Meeting the academic, social, emotional, creative and physical needs of our students.
- Good stewardship of our community’s resources.
- Working to provide a safe, caring learning environment with high expectations for each student’s academic excellence.
Shirland School educates students from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. Shirland School is located in a rural setting conducive to health, safety and learning. We offer a rigorous academic curriculum, multiage instruction for 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th grades, an innovative balanced literacy program, I Ready personalized learning for reading and math, and a 1:1 initiative for 3rd thru 8th grades.
- K-6th grade general music
- 5th grade Beginner Band instrument rental provided by district
- 6th-8th grade concert band and choir
- Winter/spring concert
- School-wide spring musical
Foreign Language Instruction:
- Spanish instruction is infused in Music classes for primary grades K-4
- 5th-8th grade Spanish classes
- Coed volleyball
- Boys and Girls basketball
- Student Council
- Quiz Bowl
- Pep Club
- Robotics Club
- Math Club
Multi-tiered Systems of Support
- Full time Reading Math Interventionist
- Full time special education teacher
- Intervention for reading, math, and written language
- Second Step K-8 for social-emotional learning
- Social worker support
- 1:1 Chromebook Initiative for K-8th grades
- Middle School Art elective
- Y-Care (after school daycare)
- Private music instruction
- Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- Welcome Back to School Swim Party
- Bunny Breakfast
- Holiday Dinner
- Family Skate Night
- Parent child dances
- All parents are encouraged to get involved
Shirland is a proud feeder district to Hononegah Community High School District 207. We are a part of the Hononegah Nation of schools (Rockton, Kinnikinnick, Prairie Hill, and Shirland School Districts). Although each district has its own identity, we all work closely together and are proud of our student achievement.
Shirland offers a unique experience: a rural lifestyle that is still close to work – 30 minutes from Rockford, Illinois and just l5 minutes from Beloit, Wisconsin. We are just 9 minutes from Rockton and l5 minutes from Roscoe, Illinois. If you are searching for a small school with a big heart, look no further. We invite you to visit our school to see firsthand the rigorous academics and rich pursuits available for your greatest treasures: your children.
Substitute Opportunities at Shirland School District
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substitute teaching is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Shirland School District 134 partners with Kelly Education, a leading provider of substitute teachers to school districts across the U.S to manage our substitute program.
To learn more or apply for substitute teacher, paraprofessional, or classroom monitor positions at Shirland School District 134, please contact Kelly Education at 24×firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link to schedule an interview with Kelly Education: